Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7


This is my second attempt at a coffee cup.  Yesterday, what I drew was based on a exercise in a bad book. I didn't have anything to actually draw.  I watched a tutorial today that explained the whole purpose of holding up a pencil to what you're drawing when you need help with perspective.  I think it came out pretty good.  One aspect I'm struggling with is pencil grip and pencil to paper pressure.  When I write I tend to use a lot of pressure on the paper and it's proving difficult to reign that in when I'm drawing.  I'm already having to completely alter my grip on account of the fact that if I hold the pencil the way I normally do, being left handed, my hand drags through what I'm drawing and smudges it.  I know it's a matter or practice and repetition.  Patience is not always my strong suit.

1 comment: