Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 29

I spent most of the day on the couch again.  Not fun.  Not even a little.  However, towards the end of the evening I actually started feeling bored watching TV.  I got up, made some dinner, then decided I wanted to paint.  This is what came out:

Overall, I'm pretty happy.  In the photo I like the tree's shadow a lot more than I do in the actual painting.  I don't feel like it works and I almost wish I hadn't tried it.  At the same point it seemed out of place for there not to be a shadow.  The biggest frustration in doing this painting was losing bristles in the sky.  Apparently, I was using a really cheap brush and as I'm frantically smoothing paint side to side I didn't realize that several bristles were being left on the paper.  Live and learn right?  If I'm going to keep this up I am definitely going to have to slowly replace my initial supplies with higher quality ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment